Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Cohabitation: How to Cut Down the Shack Up Craze

I pointed out in another blog that people choose to cohabit, shack up or live together without marriage for one of three big reasons: (1) They have an attitude that says "Marriage is only a piece of paper”; (2) they think that living together is a "test drive" for marriage; (3) they are afraid that marriage may reduce their welfare or social security check.

But there is a blunt reason for widespread cohabitation in our society: Boys and men love free sex; girls and women let them have it. That’s it.

If women want men to commit to marriage, then women must withhold sex from men until men marry women. Does it make any sense to you, dear lady, that the typical guy will want to reward you for something he can get for free?

As a certified male, I guarantee you that every man worth his manhood will do anything, short of taking his own life or going to jail, to obtain sex with the woman he loves. He will even pay a huge amount of money for sex. Hey, why do you think men pay female prostitutes, and not vice versa? It’s the same reason why men are the #1 subscribers to Play Boy magazine. Men love sex, and they’re willing to pay the cost.

The really awkward thing is that ever since women got “liberated”, more and more of them are putting the aggressive moves on men to have sex with them. What, you offer a guy sex so he can commit to marrying you? Are you kidding me? Yep, he may marry you, but you’ve given him a long rope, and the guy is more likely to play delay tactics after he’s seen your nakedness, or played you.

Here is the quickest way to get any serious guy to marry a serious woman. The woman should say something like this…

“You say you love me, right? You say I’m beautiful, right? And you say I’m special, right? And you say you’ll do anything for me, right? Well, my dear, if all that is true, then don’t I deserve something as simple and special as a marriage license. I consider sex and my body something very special, and I just can’t give it away to anyone. I must keep this treasure for that special someone who will respect me enough not to think of getting me free of charge. Are you that special person or not? If you really love me, you will wait until we are married before I can give you my body, sex and all.”

And, man, you think of it this way. To go into business, you need a business license. To enroll in school, you need an ID card, a registration, or some kind of paper work. To drive a car, you need a driver’s license. In the school my kids attend, to play sports you need to take a physical, with written results turned in to the coach.

Now, do you consider a woman or marriage less important than a business, than school, than driving a car, or playing sports? If you shouldn’t drive without a license, does it not make sense to you that you need a license to have sex with a woman? Hey, man, a marriage license is really your sex license.

On that point, when a police stops a driver, the cop walks over to the driver and says, “May I have your driver’s license, please?” Won’t it be really interesting if every time you were seen or cut having sex, the police came over and say, “Show me your sex license?” Can you imagine so many couples not able to produce the license? Can you see them in a hurry putting their pants back on and fleeing the sex scene?

Women, there is no sex police. Why not play that role to help the boys out some?

My point is this: when women stop giving men free sex outside of marriage, we will begin to see a greater number of men committing to marry their ladies. Then there will be more marriages with lots of responsible sex to follow.

But will that reduce the rate of divorce? Well, that’s a whole different can of worms.

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=4c38bdd0ed9ce19f919fcfe928a633c0 ss_blog_claim=4c38bdd0ed9ce19f919fcfe928a633c0